Gulf Shores

Gulf Shores
Photographer Patricia Gulick

Friday, January 17, 2014

9-15-13 RMB America Book Two



9-15-13 RMB America Book Two

Dear Rita Mae Brown,

America Book Two is flowing into the laptop. Words tumble out. Images of the characters Ric and Liv going about their days and sounds of their conversations dance in my mind, translating into paragraph after paragraph in black and white on the screen, like reading, only in reverse.

I am amazed at this process. It feels so good. It is so fun, thrilling and moving all at once. I feel like shouting from the rooftops. “Check this out! This is soooo cool!”

Then I recall my sister, year after year, decade after decade, getting off of roller coaster rides, excitedly trying to convince me how wonderful they are and that I should go with her as she rides them again and again. I shake my head, “Naw, I don’t think so.”

Well, I found my roller coaster ride and I am riding it.

Keep the ink flowing,

Loraine           

No comments:

Post a Comment