Gulf Shores

Gulf Shores
Photographer Patricia Gulick

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

12/31/13 Happy New Year! 2014……Wow


12/31/13 Words written by a friend, known to some as Bear Light Dancer:

Happy New Year!  2014……Wow

As I look back on 2013 it was a good year.  Nothing grand or life changing, until the end when I was told I was going to be laid off.  It was one of those years where I woke up every morning with a smile on my face looking forward to the day’s adventures – just glad to be here.  As they get older many people joke about being grateful just to wake up in the morning.  There’s so much more to life than that.  How do I describe the feeling in my heart?  Living in gratitude is a constant prayer of thankfulness.  It’s finding the silver lining in any situation and knowing that it exists.  It’s seeing the beauty in everything and everyone around you.  It’s sharing a smile and kindness with others whether they be total strangers or your best friend.  When you provide someone with an opportunity to say thank you, whether they do or not, you’re helping them to learn to live in gratitude.  It may be just for the moment, but it’s a start.  It warms my heart to hear about random acts of kindness; paying for the car behind you at a toll booth on the highway, buying a strangers coffee at Starbucks, helping someone with their groceries.  A single act, a kind word or a smile can change someone’s whole attitude toward life.  When something comes up, like my being laid off, I look for all the positives that can and will happen, and I say thank you.  Every morning, from the god goddess of my being I sing P’taah’s Morning Song of gratitude for all that is and all that I am.  I hope you will join me in 2014 to make life the best it can be for yourself and the world around you.

I see, hear, speak to, touch and know you with my heart.

Namaste’, Teddy

No comments:

Post a Comment