Gulf Shores

Gulf Shores
Photographer Patricia Gulick

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

10-12-13 RMB Firelight



10-12-13 RMB Firelight

Dear Rita Mae Brown,

I am only mid-way through Rest in Pieces. There is a description of a fire in a fireplace that delighted me. I tend to become mesmerized by firelight sitting alongside a fireplace and your description placed me there. You took me to that magical place where the flames dance, offering warmth and a magical, wispy show of firelight and energy. Nice.

Here is a quote that caught my attention:

The role of a writer is not to say what we all can say, but what we are unable to say.
~Anais Nin

To say what we are unable to say, to take us places that we have never been, to return us to moments past and places visited long ago, words can do that. An embrace can do that. A person’s presence, or absence, can do that. We are one anothers catalyst in our life’s experience. Thank you for being one of such influence in my life, RMB.

Keep the fire burning bright,
 
Loraine

No comments:

Post a Comment