Gulf Shores

Gulf Shores
Photographer Patricia Gulick

Thursday, August 13, 2015

8/12/15 RMB Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone



8/12/15 RMB Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone


Dear Rita Mae Brown,

Today I finished reading, or rather listening to, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone. Jim Dale narrated it for me as I drove to and from work for two weeks. Harry accompanied me to the grocery store and the coffee shop too.

Having seen the movie, I wanted to hear the words that inspired it. Giants of one sort or another appear in a great lot of tales. J.K. Rowling’s Hagrid is the first one I’ve heard of wielding a pink umbrella. 

There is the genius of the story. With a gentle tug, it carries you from reality into myth, never taking anything too seriously, nor too lightly.

A bit behind the masses who have already devoured every Harry Potter story written, does the world really need yet one more person’s impression of the popular novel? Yes. Because it was well written and magical.

Good art and magic live on by the praise they garner.


Spell bound,

Loraine

No comments:

Post a Comment