Gulf Shores

Gulf Shores
Photographer Patricia Gulick

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

9-30-13 RMB Downtown Sunset



9-30-13 RMB Downtown Sunset

Dear Rita Mae Brown,

I drove downtown late this afternoon to make some deliveries for work and visit the new library. I introduced myself to the new store in the new library and found an employee that used to work at another customer’s location. I like how the book business is a small community, regardless of how big the city is.

It’s a Monday, the start of a new week and there is work to do on my desk. I feel like I am playing hooky because I walk in the open air along streets lined with cafés and bistros. Night falls and the city hums. As the sun says its last goodbyes, I find myself back at my car. Home and work are both east. I head east.

A half hour later, I find myself back at my desk, back at work. I’ve always liked work and tonight it called to me. Maybe seeing my customers and meeting new ones has inspired me. Or maybe it was the fresh air and the sun’s shine that cheered me on, “You’re not done yet. 
You’ve got another good hour or two left in you. Get busy.”

And I did, until it really was time to call it a day and go home. The moon lit my way. I searched the day for insight to share and came away with this, if you step up, you find old friends in new places. If you allow it, the sun will spur you on, and the moon, it will guide you home.

Sweet dreams,

Loraine

No comments:

Post a Comment