Gulf Shores

Gulf Shores
Photographer Patricia Gulick

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

8-20-13 RMB Ten-fold

8-20-13 RMB Ten-fold
Dear Rita May Brown,
It surprised me how involved you stayed in Martina Navratilova’s life after your breakup, even to the point of helping her with another breakup with another woman. Of course it shouldn’t have surprised me, as I am as tangled up in my ex’s affairs as I ever was.
Often I think there is a lesson to be learned here. As to what it is though, I haven’t the foggiest idea!
When there is a need, heartstrings pull and stretch beyond previous limits, anything to help…and I can’t complain too much, because I expect and get the same in return.
In the end, my only concern, my worry, is that I couldn’t do more. I asked her once, why people come to me for aid; why I try to offer it when I feel I am so inadequate. She said “People go to you because they know you will do everything you can to help them. Even if someone else is better equipped, they would not try as hard as you do.”
In a crazy way, that made sense. Tonight I did all I could.
I preach to the boys, that if you do your best, you will feel good, even if the result isn’t what you wished for. Why don’t I feel good? I couldn’t make everything better, no one else really can right now either. Only time will tell how big of a fool I am, if in fact, I am a fool at all for helping another. Perhaps, it will all come back to me “ten-fold”, as Reverend Millie says.
I am tried, exhausted really. Tomorrow things will look better. Of that I am sure.
Did your efforts return richness to you “ten-fold”? I hope so.
Blessings to you,
Loraine

No comments:

Post a Comment