Gulf Shores

Gulf Shores
Photographer Patricia Gulick

Thursday, October 3, 2013

7-11-13 RMB Happy Ever After

7-11-13 RMB Happy Ever After
Dear Rita Mae Brown,
Today is my sister’s wedding anniversary. If my count is correct, today celebrates their thirty-third year together. The large double wedding was beautiful with my new brother-in-law’s sister marrying her high school sweetheart, who happened to be his best friend, at the same time. Both marriages have lasted.
Both couples have faced hardships. They may have been able to stay together because they managed to tap into the fluidity of love; to adjust with its tides. Their love may be stronger or deeper than others’, but I don’t think so. I know of others that have fallen deeply in love and it didn’t last. It could be that they held tight when others let loose their grip. It could simply be their destiny to stay together. Some stay together because it is the lesser evil, not them though. I know both couples fairly well and I believe they stay together because it is where they find their greatest good. It is inspiring to see happy ever after does exist now and then.
Happy Anniversary to them!
Loraine 

No comments:

Post a Comment