Gulf Shores

Gulf Shores
Photographer Patricia Gulick

Saturday, October 25, 2014

3/8/14 RMB Dolley



3/8/14 RMB Dolley

Dear Rita Mae Brown,
I started Reading Dolley: A Novel of Dolley Madison in Love and War. I like the dedication: 
To Lady Bird Johnson, Not all the soldiers were in Vietnam. This one was in the White House.

And the quote at the beginning of the book:
Fearlessness is better than a faint-heart for any man who puts his nose out of doors. The length of my life and the day of my death were fated long ago. ~Anonymous lines from For Scirnis

A bit of wisdom offered up by RMB from Nordic Mythology. Nice.

Earlier today I finished Murder in Monticello. It took me a while as I tend to draw out books I enjoy reading. Like extending a visit with a good friend. This afternoon I was called to rescue family members from a truck stuck on the freeway. The truck appears to be in need of a gas pump. The phrase “if it’s not one thing it’s another comes to mind”. I will help them through this and be grateful that I can.  

After a busy day, my pillow calls to me. I am looking forward to a good night’s sleep, happy to have your books to read and all the souls, friends and family, which make this life the adventure it is.


Sweet Dreams,

Loraine

No comments:

Post a Comment