Gulf Shores

Gulf Shores
Photographer Patricia Gulick

Friday, February 26, 2016

2/26/16 RMB Tolle



2/26/16 RMB Tolle

Dear Rita Mae Brown,

After listening to Eckhart Tolle’s Power of Now this week, I am on a mental high. It’s the kind of book I want to tell everyone to read and a few actually will. It was recommended to me by my niece after an instructor recommended it to her. I like how good books grow legs, traveling from reader to reader, city to city.

This one has some concepts that will take a while to digest, ones that are close to what I’ve heard elsewhere, ones that touch a knowing inside, and at the same time differ drastically from what we are taught in so many ways.

The night before last I watched Frisco Kid with Harrison Ford and Gene Wilder. I guess the Harrison Ford bug got me after watching the latest Star Wars, next came Regarding Henry and now Frisco Kid. Different genres, from different decades, yet all good.

I would like for someone to see that in my work, regardless of the form it takes, or the year it is completed, I’d like for it to be good work, for the written word to strike a chord, or the interaction to leave a nice memory.

There is much work for us all to do, but the what is not as important as the how. To say a person lived is one thing, to say HOW that person lived, ah, that’s the real story, that’s where life’s magic lives.

Living a good life,
Loraine

No comments:

Post a Comment