Gulf Shores

Gulf Shores
Photographer Patricia Gulick

Friday, September 19, 2014

2/2/14 RMB Your Experiences



2/2/14 RMB Your Experiences


Dear Rita Mae Brown,

Today the Examiner.com posted a Rita Mae Brown article at http://www.examiner.com/article/rita-mae-brown-feminist-and-political-activist. I liked this article. It contains my favorite RMB photo. One beef I have with it is that it notes “accomplishments” as being 37 books. I count 53 with one more due in 2015. Of course they could have been excluding out of print books or the non-fiction books.

Here is an excerpt:
Rita Mae Brown went on to say in the interview that she is not sorry about her struggles in the 70s championing gays and lesbians recognition and rights. She was up for the fight and those experiences made the person she is today.

I would like to add that those experiences, your experiences, they also helped shape the person I am today, indeed who we all are. Each and every one of us affects one another, some more so than others.

Thank you,

Loraine

No comments:

Post a Comment