Gulf Shores

Gulf Shores
Photographer Patricia Gulick

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

9/30/15 RMB A Wonderful Day



9/30/15 RMB A Wonderful Day


Dear Rita Mae Brown,

Today my head is foggy. But here is what I’ve learned so far in these waking hours. Even a person who thinks they are positive overall will have frustrating moments.

In those moments it is possible to force feed yourself positive thoughts, anything as silly as “It’s a wonderful day” to “I am grateful for the green grass.” Anything…through gritted teeth if need be.

Then at some point, during all the self-inflicted positivity, one must relinquish the last remnants of whatever clouds the day’s light, and if nothing else, laugh at yourself. Try it. Prove me wrong. I dare you. I double dare you.


IIIIIIIt’s a wonderful day,
Loraine

No comments:

Post a Comment