Gulf Shores

Gulf Shores
Photographer Patricia Gulick

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

4/7/15 RMB Hibernating



4/7/15 RMB Hibernating


Dear Rita Mae Brown,

Grumpiness leaks out of me, as the “to do” column grows into a big scary monster. When your friends start reminding you to breathe, you know you’ve crossed a line. Somewhere from there to here, I forgot that the “to do”s are to be done while life unfolds, not in place of the unfolding life.

I seek time to hibernate, just a moment here or there, to heal, to grow, to examine myself and the universe…to return renewed. 

Then, I notice the sun’s rays dancing through the clouds, the playful dog’s wink and hear the lilt in the boy’s voice as he recants his latest adventure. 

That the sun shines, the dog plays and the boy tells tales, all that and more, reduce the monster to a mere list, simply words. 

Thanks for listening and for Murder She Meowed, which kept me company during my midday retreat this afternoon.


Enjoy your days,

Loraine


No comments:

Post a Comment