Gulf Shores

Gulf Shores
Photographer Patricia Gulick

Saturday, December 20, 2014

4/30/14 RMB April



4/30/14 RMB April

Dear Rita May Brown,

April contained an onslaught of all that impacts us in life, both daily trials and life changes, setbacks and progress. One family member lost a job, while another relative of a friend lost her life. A new friend drew near, offering support through repercussions. An author I respect complimented my work. I found it difficult to celebrate accomplishments and blessings while simultaneously offering and accepting condolences.

An emotional tug of war makes the journey to happy ever after a jagged trail. This is where we set aside the analysis of pros and cons, stop evaluating the good vs the bad. And above all else, don’t ask “why?” That one little question can drive a person mad in the quest to find a suitable response. When the world close to home turns in a tumultuous tide, it is time to concentrate on putting one foot in front of the other.

I reach for the silver lining and chant “It’s all good.” There is a better tomorrow out there for all of us, wherever our souls may be flying off to. Perhaps this is where my writing differs from the works of those that have found the way. Rather than offering instructions or the proper process to prosperity, I’m saying there is something more out there, or inside ourselves, something special. I’m saying I know the quest to find it is not always easy, yet together our combined strengths will see us through.
            
           
Onward,

Loraine

No comments:

Post a Comment